Authorised Treatment Facility
London Auto Parts is proud to be a recognised ATF. UK and European directives mean that between 74% and 80% of a vehicle should be reused or recycled. Unlike smaller operators and traditional scrap yards, London Auto Parts has state-of-the-art depollution and vehicle handling systems and equipment, and is recognised by the Department of the Enviroment and is on the Public Register of Authorised Treatment Facilities.
- Impermeable surfaces for appropriate areas with appropriate spillage collection facilities.
- Equipment for the treatment of water, including rainwater.
- Appropriate storage for dismantled spare parts, including impermeable storage for oil-contaminated spare parts.
- Appropriate containers for storage of batteries (with electrolyte neutralisation on site or elsewhere), filters and PCB/PCT-containing condensers.
- Appropriate storage tanks for the segregated storage of end-of-life vehicle fluids
- Appropriate storage for used tyres, including the prevention of fire hazards and excessive stockpiling.
Our modern professional operation is subject to all relevant directives including
- The European End-of-Life Vehicles (ELV) Directive (2000/53/EC)
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
- Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations
- Highly Flammable Liquids and Liquefied Gases Regulations
- The updated versions of both the European Waste Catalogue (EWC) and Hazardous Waste List (HWL) (2000/532/EC) and its subsequent amendments.
Scrap Car Collection.